6 Ways to Prep Your eCommerce Site for the Holidays
The holiday rush is on its way, so if your company has an eCommerce site, it’s best to get all your ducks in a row as far as advance as possible so that you don’t lose sales during one of the most important times of the year. It’s time to ramp up your online marketing, make sure your site is working perfectly and create holiday promos to drive sales and garner new customers.
Here are a few specific things to get in check before the holidays are in full effect.
1. Assess your site speed. Your website should only take around three seconds to load—studies show that if it takes too long to load buyers will lose patience and click out. Streamline whatever files you can and check the speed of your website to make sure it’s working optimally.
2. Be ready for traffic. Make sure that your website can handle as much traffic as possible. You never know what can happen during the holidays.
3. Be mobile-responsive. If you haven’t already made your website mobile-responsive, now is the time. It affects your search engine rankings negatively if your site isn’t mobile-responsive AND you will lose potential sales.
4. Plan your content. Create all of your blog posts and social media content in advance and schedule them. You don’t want to be too swamped during the holidays to get exposure for your content and special promotions.
5. Plan your promotions and sales. Plan your sales and promo codes now and create a schedule for loading them. This will give you time to double check everything and make sure all your discounts and pricing is correct.
6. Schedule your email blasts in advance. Don’t wait until the last minute; create and schedule your special email blasts and holiday newsletters now.
Click here to learn more about how our online marketing services can take your business to the next level.